If you have ever experienced a situation when you just can’t find a document on your content management system or a specific job aid, standard operating procedure or knowledge article in your knowledge repository – or you’re frustrated with a system or website, where the navigation and labeling do not match what you do or how you perform your job.
Maybe your organization has different names for the same or similar content and you are not sure you’re using the correct or most recent content.
The CKS Information Architecture certification course could be the solution for you!
- Information Architecture Principles: Content modeling, Building Taxonomies, Understanding Metadata development and use
- Conducting the Card Sort
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- IA and the User Experience
- Content Governance Principles and Practices
- Incorporating IA in your Knowledge Management and Enterprise Content Management Strategies
- IA in Big Data Analytics and IoT
Who is this Certification for?
- Content managers needing to grow in the field of Information Architecture (AI) and Enterprise Content Management (ECM)
- User Interface/Experience Designers of CM tools and Knowledge Management tools (such as eGain, Oracle KM, and SharePoint)
- Search Analysts and Information Classification Specialists
- Content Curators working with Big Data Analytics and IoT
- Anyone with a Library Science background or Records Management background wanting to understand more about Information Architecture
What will you learn?
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the principles of Information Architecture
- Understand how to develop and apply Content Model, Taxonomy and Metadata Schema
- Understand the use and application of metadata
- Understand the principles of card sorting and how to conduct a Card Sort
- Understand how IA plays a key role in search and the overall user experience
- Understand how to apply IA to your KM and ECM Strategy
- Understanding Content Governance and its role in Information Architecture
- Understand how to apply IA to curate your content for Big Data Analytics
- Understand how to apply IA to model your content for IoT